Your portal login is here https://guardianpropertymanagementllc.appfolio.com/connect/
Tenants may contact us by email (preferred method) at Office@GPMwichita.com at any time and we will respond within 24 hours during Mon-Fri. You may also reach us by phone at 316-251-1779 and leave a detailed voicemail if you don’t receive an answer. We are a smaller company without a large staff and like you, we are bombarded by telemarketers or “car warranty” calls so the phones are very busy for our small staff who are in the field a great deal and cannot be reached by phone during tours or while driving for safety reasons.
All maintenance requests should be submitted through your online tenant portal and not by phone, voicemail, or text. Remember that you will cause lengthy delays if you submit a work request with “disposal broke” or “a/c not working” because that doesn’t tell us what we need to know and it’s time consuming to get a clear idea of the issue! Please be as detailed as possible with a description of the issue as well as any troubleshooting you may have already attempted to help us work the issue as efficiently and quickly as possible. If you have the ability, pictures of the issues would be appreciated as well and you can upload them directly with the maintenance request when you are submitting it.
Garbage Disposal troubleshooting
Disposals lock as a safety feature when too much debris was put in, too quickly before clearing, or inappropriate things (bones, potato peelings, green army men, we’ve seen it all! If your disposal locks up, please remove all contents of the disposal manual, including all small pieces that may be difficult to feel. You should use a flashlight to view inside and ensure everything is removed then press the reset button on the bottom of the unit and use an allen wrench or something like a flat head screwdriver inserted into the reset hole underneath to physically turn the unit and unstick it. Here is a great video for visual instruction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV_hCdDFQs8
Clearing a disposal is something that is simple to do and is your responsibility so please ensure you’ve completed these steps before submitting a work request to avoid being charged for an unnecessary and expensive service call.
Dishwasher not draining or leaking troubleshooting
Before submitting a work request for your dishwasher not draining or leaking, please follow these steps. If these steps don’t solve the issue the submit a request and be sure to note that you have already completed the troubleshooting.
1. Run the garbage disposal for at least 30 seconds with cold running water during the entire process. If there’s any blockage in the disposal, turn it off and use your hand to thoroughly remove all contents then run it again. The dishwasher drains into the disposal so if there’s ANY sludge or blockage it will cause the dishwasher to not drain completely and potentially leak.
2. Remove the bottom rack of the dishwasher and remove the basket filter at the bottom floor of the dishwasher to thoroughly clean it and get all the gunk out, not just large pieces from the bottom but actually remove the entire thing and clean it in the sink.
3. Make sure the drain hose under the sink coming from the dishwasher to the disposal isn’t kinked or getting squeezed by anything.
4. Run the dishwasher again while empty, run the disposal again, then run the dishwasher while empty a second time.
5. Check the seal for any damage caused by silverware, knives, or other sharp objects.
Air Conditioner or Furnace not working
If your HVAC system isn’t working, please provide as much information as possible to assist us with getting it repaired quickly.
1. Does the unit come on at all? Does the outside unit come on?
2. If air is blowing, when you put your hand at the vent, is it cool or warm?
3. When was the last time you changed the filter? It’s amazing how much of a different this will make for your unit! Please change the filter at least every 3 months but each month is better.
4. What do you have it set on? Please don’t set below 76-78 or it won’t be able to cycle off and recover, it will burn up. A lot of folks think it’s not cooling quickly enough if they turn it on in the heat of the day so they turn it way down which will not work and cause it not to cool and freeze up. Here’s a link to a great video with more information about this. https://www.facebook.com/reel/3554134308152143/?s=fb_shorts_tab&stack_idx=0
5. Is the thermostat blinking? When was the last time you changed the batteries?
6. Has your dog chewed the wires to the exterior condenser? Is it blocked with leaves? Has it been damaged by dog urine? Yes, this happens, and it will completely ruin an expensive piece of equipment.
For summer issues: Open the windows at night to get cool air in then close them and all the blinds and avoid going in and out as much as possible to keep the cool air inside until this gets resolved.
We use contractors for our HVAC service calls and we are in line just as all other customers in Wichita. During extreme temps they get very busy and it can often take 3-4 business days to make a service call and parts are often out of stock with very long shipping delays. We do authorize overtime and weekend service call rates during temps over 90′ however we are still in line with contractors just as all other customers.
What is an “emergency”
All maintenance requests are important, however, please understand that emergency requests will always take priority over standard maintenance. An emergency consists of running/flooding water that cannot be shut off, part of the house missing such as a tree through the side or roof, and fire. All other issues, even a non-working a/c in August, is not considered an emergency. We are also extremely busy during the first two weeks of each month as we complete makereadies to turn units over and re-list after tenants have moved out so most non-emergency maintenance is scheduled for the third and even fourth week of the month.